Having the top rated automatic gate opener is becoming a necessity rather than luxury these days. A gate opening system is an automatic or manual system that provides security and safety, facilitates ease of entry and exit and provides logistical control of entering and existing of a facility or a compound. The type of gate opening may also vary. While most residential driveway gates are swing types, opening in and out, there are others who prefer the sliding type gates which can be slid from one side to the other. Garage door openers are motorized devices that are used for opening and closing garage doors. They can be either in the form of switches on the wall of the garage or remote control which can be easily carried by the user.
TOP RATED AUTOMATIC GATE OPENERS COMPARISON CHART
3 Best Automatic Gate Openers Reviews
It is since long that Mighty Mule has been delivering the top notch automatic gate openers. Their gate opener flexible technology has evolved during all these years to accommodate a broad range of scenarios, situations, and installations. Their simple installing technology provides the users with opportunities to installing the gate openers all by themselves without the need for calling any professional help.
Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for Single Swing Gates
Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for Single Swing Gates is considered amongst the top performing automatic gate openers in the USA. This small-budget gate opener is just the right thing for small swing gates and is mostly found in small houses or offices. Its compactness makes it easy to be attached to the single car and farm gates. Lets us take a detailed understanding of the product.
- A closing timer allows you to set your gate to close between 0 – 120 seconds once it has reached the fully open position. You also have the option to turn off this feature so that your gate is left open until its closing motion is activated by some entry.
- This single gate opener is a system with low-voltage and hence, eliminates the requirement to run 110 AC to the gate. It can be powered by a 12-volt automotive power, the traditional electric grid which is already wired up in your home or an extra solar panel.
- Its weather resistant, waterproof design and construction, and durable ABS housing make the product robust and long-lasting.
- The gate opener can operate on different power plants to provide an efficient gate opening mechanism. While it can be wired to an automobile battery directly, it can also be wired into an electric grid or hooked to a solar panel for consistent power.
- It is easy to install-provided with a detailed manual and interactive DVD.
- The learn mode of the Mighty Mule automatic opener can be used to determine the end points via remote. The transmitter can be used to command the opener as to where it needs to stop. The settings can be saved on the board when the opener is adjusted to the stop points which may be desired.
Based on the customer reviews, this product has its fair share of drawbacks too.
- Slower customer cares response to query
- Less active remote sensor- needs multiple key presses for one function.
- The batteries drained earlier than expected.
- Complex and intricate instructions in the user manual make the installation process tricky for the standard user.
This relatively compact Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for Single Swing Gates is considered to be the best bargain for your buck. One of the most straightforward and simple pieces of equipment that the company has developed and which can be easily installed without any professional guidance.
Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for Medium Duty Single Swing Gates
Have you even felt the need for opening your gate with a single touch of a button? Then, Mighty Mule, the well-known USA brand brings to you one of its best gate opener products for medium duty single swing gates. The gate opener is designed for use in any property – homes, ranches, industries and other professional applications.
- Being solar compatible this medium duty single swing gate opener is an ideal choice for gates in a rural environment and also makes it eco-friendly.
- The one-Push-To-Open Bracket item makes the opener ideal for gates that open into a property and also for those gates which open away from a property.
- The single button remote transmitter is perfect for opening the gate with a single press. This feature allows you to control the gate from the convenience and security of the vehicle instead of having to get out.
- This gate opener is easy to install (via DIY installation DVD), solar capable and has a low voltage system. The built-in battery backup allows the gate to be operated even during power outage.
- You might forget to close the gate, but its adjustable Auto-Close feature does it for you.
- No child lock
- Hefty price
- Slower rejoinder from the customer service department
- Slow opening and closing operations
The Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for medium duty single swing gates is made up of high-quality materials but within an affordable range and is an easy-to-install gate opener. The movement of the gate might be slow but for private households and small farms, this gate opener is the best product providing good performance at a reasonable price.
Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener for Heavy Duty Single Swing Gates
The Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener won the award for manufacturing best in the class design of heavy duty gate opener. It is one of the best products produced by the company considering its smart design and cost effectiveness. If you want to benefit from the best automatic gate opener within the heavy-duty category, then here is the reason why you should go for the Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Opener.
This heavy duty single swing gate opener has power and strength as its key features. Its versatility allows it to work with various types of barriers and accommodate massive commercial gates within certain specified length and weight. The ease-of-installation is another feature which makes it a desirable product.
- A 12-volt battery backup which ensures that one can open and close the gate even during power cuts.
- It is easy to install and is simple to use.
- Compared to its superb performance, the price is competitive too.
- Waterproof and weather resistant design and construction.
- Its professional Grade soft stop and soft start features increase the longevity of the opener and all the associated hardware.
- Heavy equipment installation requires sturdy hands
- Knowledge of technical terms is a pre-requisite before installation. It is recommended to go through a web video or DVD provided to understand the instructions better.
- Requires maintenance
- Slower grievance redressal forum
- Remote control needs some working.
What are Gate Operators?
To swing or to slide is the question; there are pros and cons to both the types of gates when you are deciding which one to use at your home. While swing gates can be opened and closed in broad half-circles, sliding gates slide from one side to the other.
Gate Operator Types
A mechanical device, known as a gate operator, is used to open and close any gate. Electric gate openers can be either hydraulic or electromechanical. The electric gate openers can be used for both swingings as well as sliding gate types. A wireless transmitter or any manual device is used to program the gate to open and close.
What Is The Ideal Automatic Gate Opener
1. Automatic Swing Gate Opener
Swing gates are simple gates which open either inward or outward. The openers can be either single or dual. Gate operation is controlled by a telephone or keypad entry system. Another control option is a gate remote. Swing gates use three types of operators:
- Articulated Arm Swing Gate Operators:
- These can open gates at a faster rate than any other operator.
- They are the most efficient ways of opening the gates.
- These operators do not burden the gate brackets and hinges with any extra load.
- They are also more capable of handling larger leaf gates and that also with great duty cycles.
- Linear Swing Gate Operators
- Compared to the articulated arm swing gate operators, the linear operators need very less side room to open.
- They also are neater than the articulated arm operators.
- They are the most cost effective gate drivers.
- Underground Swing Gate Operators
- Nothing is visible on the front and the back of the gates while using underground swing gate operators.
- But these operators are costly, can be used only for smaller sized gates and are subject to corrosion since they are underground.
The articulated arm swings gate operators are the most efficient and also have a duty cycle greater than the linear operator types. Linear actuator operators are advantageous when cost is the primary concern, and the gate itself is not too large.
2. Automatic Sliding Gate Opener
As the name implies, sliding gates slide on wheels either from left to right or from right to left. These gate operators are installed towards the end of the gate either in the closed or open position. Sliding gate openers use a chain for operation. The gate is pulled open by the chain which then holds it in the position. When activated, it releases and returns the gate to a close position. Slide gates are heavier than swing gates and hence require more force than the swing gates for operation. Most gate systems have a photo beam safety feature which monitors and stops gate process as and when required.
3. Automatic Dual Gate Opener
In contrast to single gates which have only a single gate opening to one direction, dual gates open out from the center into both the directions. Dual gates are harder to navigate than the single one since the gates have to be latched together at the center. Compared to the single gates, dual gates provide more space. Wider vehicles, which might not be able to go through a single gate, get more accessibility with these types of gates.
Benefits of Automatic Gate Openers
Gates are large, cumbersome and bulky. Hence automatic gate openers prove to be a boon as they can easily control large, heavy and bulky gates. It is for this reason that they come with inbuilt protection features which help to prevent accidents and injuries to the user and damage to the car. For your safety, some precautions should be taken care of while dealing with automatic gate openers.
How To Choose The Best Rated Automatic Gate Opener
With a gate at the entrance, giving thought to an automatic gate opener is worth the consideration. An automatic gate opener operates a gate automatically, making your entry and exit convenient and eliminating the need to do the job of opening and closing the gate physically. With proper installation, hazards can be prevented, and the automatic gate opener can be used efficiently for safeguarding our loved ones and our property. Though these gate openers are common in most houses today, they differ from one another. The gate opener would depend on what type of gate you have and is a major factor in determining your automatic gate opener.
Today’s gate openers come with fantastic high-tech features, cutting-edge safety measures, convenience and ease in installing. Various safety features include gate-edges, loop detectors, and infrared photo beams. The numerous benefits of controlling your gate with an automatic gate opener are safety, privacy, style and above all convenience in operation making entry and exit for you convenient without the need for physical intervention in opening the gate. These devices provide control to the owner over who can come into the property and help keep their belongings and loved ones safe from intruders.
Many-a-time, opening a door manually becomes next to impossible. Take an example. There you are rushing out of the supermarket with your hands full. You are at the door wondering how on earth you are going to open the door with your hands full. But you wait for hardly a second, and the door opens! What just happened?
That is science and technology at work. These are the automatic doors, which operate with the help of sensors. Sensors, as the name suggests, sense things. There are various types of sensors. There are doors which work when they are triggered by sensors that respond to weight. For example, the pressure sensor may be under the mat in front of a door. So as soon as you step on the mat, the sensors send a signal to the door which then opens automatically. There are also sensors which are sensitive to light, sound and motion.
The advantages of an automatic door are innumerable. From supermarkets to airports including large buildings and offices, automatic doors have made life easier for people. These types of doors, which allow easy maneuvering, are helpful especially for the physically disabled people.
But while purchasing a gate opener, one has to be careful that it is not under powered. An under-powered opener will wear out quickly, and the gate will take longer to open. The gate opener should be such that it supports the length as well as the weight of the gate. One has to ensure that the gate is well-reinforced before installing a gate opener, which fails to operate on poorly supported gates. This could ultimately damage the gate opening unit.
With the various choices, models and options available in today’s market, most recommended automatic gate openers provide you a wonderful way of protecting yourself, your family and your property. You can read more home privacy product reviews, health & sports gadget reviews here at amatop10.
Click here to get the best garage door opener.
1. “What are the Different Types of Driveway Gates?”. Automaticgateinfo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
2. “How Do I Open My Automatic Driveway Gate During a Power Outage?”. Automaticgateinfo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.